Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Christmas Miracle-Anna's birth

I have been sorting through old papers and photographs of mine, mom and dad's and my grandparents. I have one letter that my grandmother, LouElla, had written to an Aunt Merry in 1902!

This is a letter I wrote to myself March 28th 1993 about the birth of our daughter, Anna.
A most wonderful thing God hath done in our lives. A baby, Anna Joy, born on Christmas Day 1992! After I lost Merry in August I was sad and wondered what God had for us. We continued to trust and by April I was again carrying a little girl. We were very careful-I ate well, took my vitamins and didn't travel in the car much. My weight and blood pressure stayed good the entire pregnancy.
Christmas was on a Friday and the Tuesday before it Doug and I went to the hospital in the middle of the night-I thought I was in labour. I was not and was sent home. My doctor was leaving on vacation the day after Christmas-but God knew all of this and had everything in His control. By His grace we were able to do everything-we decorated the house, baked cookies, made fruitcake, shopped, wrapped all the gifts and had a nice turkey dinner all ready. Christmas morning I thought, " Today will be the day"! We had our time of presents (Nat and Christy were with us). then we had a good breakfast- a rest followed and then supper at 5. Kristin joined us for supper, I did not eat because I thought I might deliver soon. Doug read aloud the story of the Missionary Barrel.
I started serious contractions at about 6p.m.- said "goodbye" to everyone and Doug and I left for the hospital about 7. The nurse examined me about 7:45.   3 centimeters dilated (not much, I thought). There was bleeding and that worried me. Contractions were average-checked again at 8:30-8 centimeters. Doctor summoned( he was attending a party just a mile or so away)-room readied.
They told me to push, but I had no urge to push-Suddenly everything seemed critical. I heard Dr.Waran say, "I don't like the way the heartbeat looks on the monitor". The nurse then leaned on my upper abdomen and cried, "PUSH"
God truly intervened for I never thought I could push. All at once there she was-not crying though. she had swallowed blood-soon got her going but she was in the isolet and I couldn't see her for 2 hours.Then she was brought to me all warm and beautiful-Anna Joy-born on Christmas Day, 1992. 9:10p.m.
Doug stayed all night. He had the children come over to the hospital about 10:30. Nat and Christy were there too. So wonderful. I wonder what I looked like.
The next morning, Saturday, Dr. Waran came in and told me that 10 more minutes and we would have had a dead baby! The placenta had separated too early-it came with the baby.
Thank you Lord for your mercy.


Now Anna is at Bible college studying music education.
She has been a great blessing to us all these 19 years.
 Love you, Anna Joy.

 Alex, Lena, Joe, Christy, Nat, me, Anna and Doug








1 comment:

  1. Anna is certainly special as all of our children are.Each was planned, looked forward to and cherished. I remember how God used my love for our children to draw me unto Himself. Children ask a multitude of questions and unless you know the Lord who changes not you cannot give your children answers that change not. The day God saved a sinner like me was a joyful day for only then was I able to help our children build their life's on the solid foundation of God's Holy Word.

    ReplyDelete