Wednesday, November 9, 2011

11/11/'11 It's been ten years -- Paul, we miss you and we love you.









Remember ME
To the living, I am gone.
To the sorrowful, I will never return.
To the angry, I was cheated.
To the happy, I am at peace.
To the faithful, I have never left.
I cannot speak, but I can listen.
I cannot be seen but I can be heard.
So as you look in awe at a mighty forest and its grand majesty,
Remember me.
Remember me in your heart, your thoughts, and your memories.
Of the times we cried, the times we fought, and the times we laughed.
For if you always think of me, I will never have gone.




1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful remembrance of a young man. Our Jeremy went to heaven on 9/11/01, just ten years ago also. And I know that the heartache never goes away, even after ten years. We just held the ten year anniversary of his homegoing two months ago, gathering at his gravesite and having prayer with my wife. We thanked God for giving him to us for 15+ years, and we thanked God for giving us the memories we have with him. I often still think the "what if's." Just today, when Brad was taking his boys to the U of M game tomorrow, I thought how that Jeremy would have gone with them and been a great "Uncle Jeremy" to the boys. Sadness will turn to happiness when we see him again with Christ. What a wonderful hope and anticipation we have (Philippians 1:6). -Pastor Ben

    ReplyDelete