Sunday, February 13, 2022

THE WIGWAM

 We sold the family cottage last year. It was a very hard decision, but it was time.

It is sad to think that I will never spend wonderful summer days there again- baking 

raspberry pie and having barbecues in the back yard. 

Part of the reason we moved up here over 20 years ago was because of our

love of the cottage.



Many of us spent our honeymoons here, including mom and dad in 1944.
Each couple carved their initials and wedding date into a rock on the fireplace.










It was always called, the Wigwam. I believe it has had that name since 1900. 



Our dining room. I don't think the new owners kept this table or the chairs. We heard that they had all the furniture hauled away, but it will always remain in my memory like this: our happy place!



The screened in front porch was the absolute best part of the cottage.

My mom had collected all the wicker, but I think the glider must 

have been there forever!



When I was a teenager I remember our dog, Lady, would get tired and then she

would look at us as if to say, "good night" and head up the stairs

to her bed in the chimney room. 



We loved you wonderful cottage. You will always be in our memories and hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment