Friday, May 12, 2017

My Robins

Every Spring  the robins have returned to a nest they built a few years ago in our ornamental cherry tree. As I sit at my desk and work I can watch the birds, as the tree is right outside my window. However, this spring the robins were nowhere to be found. Doug and I looked over the nest and as there was nothing in it, we decided it must be in too poor a condition for the robins to want to use it this year---so, we took it down.



Now, this morning, the robins are back! There is a pair circling the tree and looking up at it from the lawn. Well, Doug retrieved the old nest and placed it back in the crook of the tree. This should be interesting to watch. I hope mother robin decides to build the nest up and have her little nestlings in the tree outside my window!



No comments:

Post a Comment