Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Day at OMCF



 Since mom is now in the nursing home section of Oakview I usually visit with her first and then wheel her over to Sutter and we visit with dad. Dad always cries when he sees us approaching. Dixie brings mom over to sit with dad every day for a few hours.


 This man was here today with his dog, Tagalong. He is not a St. Bernard, but a breed from Germany that starts with a "L". I really do not remember what the name is.
He was VERY gentle and loved saying "hello" to everyone.




 Tagalong wanted pets from dad.





 He gave mom some kisses.





Dad was looking good today---very natty in his V neck sweatshirt.
He is a bit lonely without mom though.
Scott had sent a nice card for mom and dad and I put it on mom's dresser in her new room..
Thanks, Scott.
I was trying to think of something I could take to keep her mind occupied while I was there--so, I rummaged through the children's toy box and decided on a little finger puppet that you put your first two fingers in and make it walk. She liked it and said that it was so cute. 

Dad asked me why I was there and I told him I was visiting--he said I did not belong there and that at least I could leave when I wanted. How true..............

No comments:

Post a Comment