Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day 2011

 John, Nancy, Sarah, Mom, Bill and Susan












A great mom and always there for her children and grandchildren.
WE LOVE YOU, MOM
.......................................................................

Two Mothers
(anonymous)
I had two mothers...
Two mothers I claim
Two different people
Yet with the same name.

Two separate women
Diverse by design
But I loved them both
Because they were both mine.

The first was the mother
Who carried me here
Gave birth and nurtured
And launched my career.

She was the one
Whose features I bear
Complete with the facial
Expression I wear.

She gave me some music
Which follows me yet
Along with examples
In life that she set.

Then as I got older
She some younger grew
And we'd laugh as just mothers
And daughters do.

But then came the year
that her mind clouded so
And I sensed that the mother
I'd known would soon go.

So quickly she changed
And turned into the other
A stranger who dressed
In the clothes of my mother.

Oh, she looked the same
At least at arm's length
But she was the child now
And I was her strength.

We'd come full circle
We women three
My mother the first
The second and me.

And if my own children
Should come to a day
When a new mother comes
And the old goes away.

I'd ask of them nothing
that I didn't do.
Love both of your mothers
As both have loved you.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful Susan. Thanks for sharing the great pictures. :-)

    ReplyDelete