Saturday, February 5, 2011

A visit after the snowstorm

We are on our way to Sutter Living Center


Our friends Nathan, Samuel and Janelle Reed came along with Anna and me.
They played checkers with dad.

Janelle had to endure a few kisses from dad.

Mom was really a happy lady and she looks so pretty. She has gotten some new clothes as the old ones were getting a bit snug!!



Mom is happy nearly all the time now--there is a new male resident, Bob. He is lots of fun and teases mom which makes her laugh. Bob told me he hates "this place" and is getting out SOON.
I suppose this is how all the men react to their loss of freedom. I will have to get a photo of him for my next post.

3 comments:

  1. Your parents are both lovely. How wonderful that your mom is so happy.

    Thinking about Bob...at my mom's facility before she died, there was a new man that I wasn't sure was a visitor or a resident. He kept asking me to open the door so he could leave. Fortunately I didn't - he was a resident. I suppose men do have a really hard time letting go of that independent spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot approve of any of those pictures of me, mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, mine are not the greatest either--but Grandma and Grandpa look good!!

    ReplyDelete