Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving


Today was Thanksgiving Day.

Doug, Anna and I had a great meal at Crystal Mountain Resort .
We have always had friends and relatives for Thanksgiving, but this year was different and we learned a good lesson.

It's not the food that matters it is family and fellowship.

However, because of our situation this year we were able to go and spend the afternoon with mom and dad in Ludington.

They were sitting together as usual, well dressed and nicely groomed.

Their faces brightened as they saw us enter and dad quickly stood up, as a gentleman should, to greet us.

He asked how our Thanksgiving had been and occasionally thought today had been Christmas.

But he did know that today was a special day.

I am so glad that we went.

I am thankful for my parents.

I love to see their faces and to laugh with them about nothing.

Today mom wanted to sing:

"Someone's in the kitchen with Dina, someone's in the kitchen I know, ow,ow ow.

Someone's in the kitchen with Dina strumming on the old banjo."

We laughed and sang all that we knew of it.

Dad told me that mom was goofy now and I told him that he had to take care of her and commended him for being so patient. He seemed to accept that.

He then told me to be sure to get the boat out on the buoy securely and to keep the cottage warm enough.

I assured him that I would.

He held my hand all the time we were there.

I love you mom and dad

HAPPY THANKSGIVING


1 comment:

  1. Although this made me sad to read--wishing that my own parents were still here this Thanksgiving, it made me smile, too. You sound like a wonderful daughter. Your parents are blessed.

    ReplyDelete